Monday, July 20, 2009

Welcome to my blog...

My husband Tony has been writing a fantastic blog for well over a year now. He started the blog when he started his life-changing weight loss journey last year. In that time our lives have changed tremendously; he's lost more than 200 lbs and maintained his weight, we decided to have a child and just over 3 weeks ago our amazing son Brody was born.

I have to admit I've been a little jealous during the past year that Tony had an amazing outlet for what he was going through. He had an entire community supporting him in his journey.

Well, as I settle into motherhood and try to balance being a mom, wife, friend and a full-time job, I realized I perhaps needed a similar outlet. Let's be honest, being a mother is a really hard job - probably the hardest job I've ever had, and I've had some doozies. But the last 3+ weeks have also been the most amazing and rewarding time of my life. Life sure has gotten more interesting... I am fascinated by my son. I am amazed at everything he does. I've also gotten thrown a few times by the things that weren't in my pregnancy books, aren't in my baby books, the pediatrician didn't tell me, or some of my working-mom friends either didn't feel comfortable enough to share or had blocked out due to pure exhaustion. So, this is my attempt to maintain my sanity during this amazing and exhausting time, and to perhaps help another new mom like me...

No comments:

Post a Comment